[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 from buildout with no funky recipes: success!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri May 1 11:29:48 EDT 2009

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Your buildout is missing the [test] part.

Indeed, it's not supposed to be in the instance buildout, I was just
doing some testing ;-)

> I also had to create the log and var directories.

Yep, I'd imagine a downloadable "skeleton" for the instance which
included the folders and the buildout.

I even have dreams of writing a package that will take an empty skeleton
and turn it into a single .py file that when run with create an
"instance home" with a buildout .cfg in it, the .conf files, and the
right folders to "just work" once bin/buildout has been run.

I'll let you know if I ever make progress on that ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk