[Zope-dev] "ZTK" futures: one big package?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 11 12:13:52 EDT 2009

Hey,

After reading this, I thought of one benefit that having a "larger"
package would have: it's somewhat easier to refactor for dependencies,
because all the code will be in a single checkout and all the tests can
be run together, and the fixed release can go out as a single release.

Having done some dependency refactoring I can see the benefit of that,
but I also think it is not a great benefit given the capabilities of
buildout-driven development and some of the tools we have (such as
compattest). We'd certainly give up a lot just to gain that benefit.

Regards,

Martijn