[Zope-dev] "ZTK" futures: one big package?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed May 13 12:44:22 EDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> On 13.05.09 18:38, Jim Fulton wrote:

>> I wonder why.
>>

>>> You should be *very* afraid of depending on PyPI for softare rolled
>>> into
>>> production.
>>>
>> Why do you think he should be afraid?
> Packages or releases might disappear - intentionally or
> unintentionally -
> in both cases a buildout with fixed pinned version may fail.

That's a minor issue at this point, because:

- We now know not to remove releases.

- If you are using something in production, you should archive the
necessary
   source releases, using a tool like zc.sourcerelease.

   IOW, you shouldn't do production deployments using a dynamic
   assembly mechanism.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton