[Zope-dev] zope.* package dependencies report

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 15 07:22:12 EDT 2009

Hey Chris,

Thanks very much for doing this analysis and work!

Chris McDonough wrote:
> FWIW, this may not be useful to some, but here's a (not-very-detailed) report on
> all the zope.* packages in Zope's SVN and the number of transitive dependencies
> they have.  They are sorted in the order of most-dependencies-to-fewest.
>
> zope.introspectorui/trunk/  OK (96 dependencies)

I don't think this is actually in use by anyone (remnant of last year's
summer of code project that didn't end up going anywhere far), so we can
safely ignore this monster. :)

> A lot of nice work since the last time I did this (mid-2007 or so), when a lot
> of these packages pulled in "the world".

Thanks. Work really started taking off in the beginning of this year,
and a lot of people have pitched in.

Regards,

Martijn

P.S. You might be interested in looking at z3c.recipe.depgraph. For some
reason its sccmap tool spits out unreadable graphs now though, and
graphviz's sccmap reduction of graphs to cycles is one of the most
useful tools I've found so far in doing this kind of analysis. Not sure
what's going on there.