[Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0 release?

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Fri May 22 12:00:06 EDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 11:09 PM, Malthe Borch wrote:

> 2009/5/21 David Glick <davidglick at onenw.org>:
>> Won't this cause problems if a z3c.form uses a template which calls
>> a macro
>> from a traditional Zope page template?  That is, make it impossible
>> to use
>> z3c.form in a site that isn't using z3c.pt for everything?
>
> That was the reason for z3c.ptcompat; it lets you use one
> import-location to switch between the two implementations.

Ah, right...I was remembering incorrectly why we were unable to use
z3c.ptcompat from within Plone.  The actual reason is that it uses
ViewPageTemplateFile from z3c.pt when we need it from five.pt (I
think...it's been a while).  But we were able to work around that by
adjusting the custom form and widget template factories in plone.z3cform

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup