[Zope-dev] persistent product registry optional?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Nov 6 16:12:54 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Maybe my work
>> in making the persistent product registry optional got rid of the last
>> places this had been used.
>
> This being Control_Panel/Products? If so, cool :-)
> Where is this documented? How do you get the Product Registry to go away?

That would be in the prominent release notes:

http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/WHATSNEW.html#module-cleanup

Just disable the registry and create a Data.fs afterwards or delete
all entries in the Control_Panel/Products for an existing one. I think
HelpSys doesn't work anymore if you disable it, but otherwise all core
Zope functionality works as before.

Hanno