[Zope-dev] Writing output logs from zope.testing.testrunner

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 11:46:08 EST 2009

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to turn the results of a test run using zope.testing
> (zc.recipe.testrunner) into a JUnit compliant XML format so that I can
> graph it with Hudson (a continuous integration tool).
>
> Are there any hooks in zope.testing to write reporting to a file?

I couldn't find any, so I created a new test runner which basically
wraps the output formatter to capture key events.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.xmltestreport

I was able to use this successfully with Hudson:

http://www.martinaspeli.net/articles/using-hudson-ci-for-plone-projects

(this is not Plone specific and would work for anyone using zope.testing)

Martin