[Zope-dev] improving the utility and adapter lookup APIs

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Nov 27 05:57:24 EST 2009

Hey,

Christian Theune wrote:
[snip]
> Another option would be to provide a backwards-compatibility mode of our
> code which can be switched on and off.
>
> Your notion of bringing the component lookup mechanics closer to being a
> "language feature" is very intriguing and I like it a lot. However, if
> we do so, I'd like us to not having to resort to second-best
> spelling/implementation due to backwards compatbility. I'd like to work
> pretty hard on doing the implementation we want because it's a good
> implementation and then make backwards compatibility work. (I know, I'm
> a dreamer ...)

I'd be in favor of an API based off calling the interface directly for
everything *if* we can come up with a backwards compatibility story somehow.

Anyway, doing the API we want shouldn't be too difficult. So let's
assume we have that almost out of the way and let's start talking about
making backwards compatibility work.

from zope.component.future import __new_interface_semantics__

:)?

Regards,

Martijn