[Zope-dev] Zope closes connection if the client closes the write-end of connection

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 15:24:58 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 10:30, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/16 Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>:
>> So HTTP seems to contradict itself, typically But from looking at
>> other peoples responses, most interpret the specification that the
>> connection should immediately be closed, so the Zope does the right
>> thing there, and Varnish should be changed. This is apparently the
>> generally accepted interpretation.
>
> Of course, it would make even more sense if Zope the immediately
> stopped the transaction, but i have no idea how THAT would work...

- sys.maxint

I definitively don't want zope to cancel a long running transaction
just because my browser got tired of waiting. At the very least this
should be configurable, though I can see a lot of value of being able
to toggle this cancel-transaction behaviour per-request. But the
default should be off (i.e. the transaction keeps going).

Cheers,

Leo