[Zope-dev] Where does ISite belong conceptually?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:57:12 EDT 2009

[Meant to send to the list as well; sorry.]

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida
<leorochael at gmail.com> wrote:
> It didn't sound silly to me at first. Unnecessary, at worst. But maybe
> you have more specific reasons. Could you elaborate, please?

If we're setting a site, it matters that the object passed in be (or
maybe just can adapt to) an ISite; the IPossibleSite interface is for
objects that might become sites if they aren't already.

What would you expect to happen if you pass an IPossibleSite that
isn't an ISite?

I can think of at least two reasonable outcomes, and they're mutually
exclusive.  Either would surprise some portion of the user base, and I
expect that to be a substantial group in either case.

If you want to check for something at all, it should be ISite.

  -Fred