[Zope-dev] various ZTK observations

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Sep 24 09:26:11 EDT 2009

Thomas Lotze wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> * zope.contenttype: we should analyze what is using zope.contenttype.
>
> Of the packages mentioned in ztk.cfg, zope.browserresource, zope.app.file
> and zope.app.onlinehelp are. There's also zope.mimetype which seems to be
> concerned with the same subject and is used by zope.file and zope.html,
> and there's some MIME-type handling being done without using either
> zope.contenttype or zope.mimetype by zope.publisher and possibly others.
> Last time I looked, these different pieces of code didn't even treat
> content type declarations consistently nor correctly wrt the relevant RfC.
> I guess one might want to clean up this story as a whole.

Thanks for doing this analysis! It'd be great if you could turn this
into a proposal for future actions...

I'm surprised about the difference in dependencies between zope.file and
zope.app.file: isn't zope.file an extracted version of zope.app.file? If
not, we need to think about that too.

Regards,

Martijn