[Zope-dev] zope.testing and unittest2

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:04:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

Has anyone given any thought to supporting the new constructs of
unittest2 (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2) in zope.testing?

Using zope.testing 3.9.3 and a simple test case with unittest2, I made
the following observations:

  - A basic test case works fine; a subclass of unittest2.TestCase is
picked up for tests

  - The new assertions work.

  - The @skip, @skipIf, @skipUnless and @expectedFailure decorators
work. However, there is a deprecation warning: "Use of a TestResult
without an addExpectedFailure method is deprecated". In the output,
zope.testing reports "Ran 2 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors" when
running one skipped and one passing test.

  - setUpClass()/tearDownClass() methods are not executed

  - Neither are setUpModule()/tearDownModule() methods

Overall, it seems that we'd need to:

  - Make zope.testing aware of skipped tests and report these separately.

  - Call the class and module level fixture methods. I'm not entirely
sure how these would interact with layers.

Martin