[Zope-dev] Segfault in zope.configuration

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:29:13 EDT 2010

Fred Drake wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Martin Aspeli<optilude+lists at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So this is still in pyexpat C code as far as I can tell. :-(
>
> This is saddening.

But on the other hand, your dedication in helping me find a fix is
heartening. ;)

> I've not managed a 64-bit sandbox, which I suspect is what I really
> need to debug that.  Will shoot for this weekend, since last didn't
> pan out.

I have a slight suspicion that lxml is involved somewhere. I've managed
to make it crash reliably simply by doing a parse of an XML file, and I
think such a parse may be happening as a side effect of a module import
caused by that very ZCML file.

That doesn't really explain why pdb dies when it dies, but I don't know
how the C/Python boundary is working here (especially since I can't
really see the C code).

I'm re-building for the n-th time, so I'll check again tomorrow when
that's done.

Martin