[Zope-dev] Launchpad gardening

Sidnei da Silva sidnei.da.silva at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:51:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida
<leorochael at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tres and Sidnei,
>
> My questions were intended to go to the list anyway.
>
> Can we take a branch from the launchpad mirror and bind it back
> directly at svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/ to commit?
>
> For instance, say I'm reviewing a bugfix proposed by someone that
> doesn't currently have access to svn.zope.org but added a
> merge-proposal to lp, can I branch it, bind it to
> svn+ssh://svn.zope.org and then commit?
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if it was possible?

Not sure if it would. What you really want to do is to merge the bzr
branch you got from Launchpad into the 'trunk' you got from
svn.zope.org, which behaves exactly as Tres described on his previous
email. Pushing the branch directly without merging first would
overwrite the contents of the target branch with the contents of the
pushed branch.

-- Sidnei