[Zope-dev] Minutes from this weeks meeting

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm at rice.edu
Fri Apr 16 11:18:43 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:31:32PM +0200, Christian Theune wrote:
> On 04/15/2010 11:27 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > On 2010-4-15 17:59, Christian Theune wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> here's the minutes. As I've been adventurous, I'll add a few comments:
> >>
> >> * I've started diving into the matter of how to manage items that we
> >> park/defer/postpone/wait for and thus started using an online system.
> >> (The only one I was able to find anyway.)
> >>
> >> * The output is a PDF which is currently a bit messy as I wanted to get
> >> rid of my text files that had the open issues sitting in there and
> >> thus had to add all of them to our agenda on Tuesday and then defer
> >> them. I think next week will become less noisy.
> >
> > Will next week be text again?
>
> Probably not - the system currently only allows for PDF output, but I've
> mailed them a question about getting plain text.

I've attached the output of pdftotext (from xpdf-utils on a debian
system) Seems pretty clean to me. Long lines aren't wrapped (a quick
pass through fmt seems to do little damage, though: attached as well).

I'm a great fan of the IRC meetings and the notes, by the way: any tool
that helps you get these done is a good thing.  However, text is so much
more flexible for these reports to the list: the followup quoting issue
alone is a big one.

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm at rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166