[Zope-dev] RFC: Proposed new style for documenting and testing ZTK packages

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Apr 22 05:49:17 EDT 2010

Am 22.04.2010, 05:48 Uhr, schrieb Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com>:

>> Could get a lint "template" (or whatever it's called) to help here?
> Not sure what that means, can you elaborate a bit?

Lint is a tool that analyses code for all kinds of languages, including
Python, and scores it against various definable metrics. The idea is to
encourage code readability and best practices. I imagine that for more
"predictable" parts of code like unit tests it might be possible to use it
to encourage a uniform style such as TestMock seems to promise for
VisualStudio http://site.typemock.com/test-lint/

I'll admit to not using PyLint (from Nuxeo) myself on a regular basis but
this is as much down to not knowing how to configure it to work with Zope
projects as much as anything else. But maybe we can add it to anything the
repository policy checker?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark