[Zope-dev] version pinning on tags

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Thu Apr 29 09:40:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 April 2010, Adam GROSZER wrote:
>> I'd say we should nail the package versions on (at least) tags.
>> Either to a KGS, or drop a versions.cfg into the package.
>> The recipe buildout.dumppickedversions would be handy.
>
> +1 to use a KGS. ZTK or BB depending on what the dependencies are.

Since normally we don't pin versions in trunk, I guess we need to
do the pinning in maintenance branches.  Otherwise we can
keep the version pinning in trunk, but comment the "versions" option.
Then, just before going for release, uncomment it.
This will become one more step in creating releases:
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/releasing-software.html

Regards,
Baiju M