[Zope-dev] Products in Zope 2.12+

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Aug 4 05:03:50 EDT 2010

Am 04.08.2010, 10:56 Uhr, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>:

> In essence: If your egg is in the "Products" namespace you don't need to
> do anything after adding it e.g. to the list of eggs for a Zope instance
> in your buildout.cfg. The product will be recognized, installed, and any
> configure.zcml in the root picked up automatically.

ie. in buildout just putting
eggs = Products.MailTemplates

should work fine. As will pip install Products.MailTemplates (just tested
against Products.CMFDefault)

> That's one reason I stick to that namespace for anything that is indeed
> a Zope 2 Product.

OTOH if you don't want to stick with Products. you will need to add
something like

zcml = simplistix.MailTemplates to your instance configuration and you're
good.

Hope this idiot's guide helps.

Charlie
--