[Zope-dev] zope.testing and zc.recipe.testrunner mismatch.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 05:55:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:38, simon thepot <simon.thepot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Issues:
> It seems that:
> - the 3.9.5 has no zc.recipe.testrunner pinned, so it takes the latest
> version which fails (look for zope.testrunner and not the one of the 3.9.5)
> - the 3.10.0 has the old 1.2 version of zc.recipe.testrunner pinned (that
> look for zope.testing.testrunner that do not exist anymore).
>
> Fixing:
> in 3.9.5 by pinning: zc.recipe.testrunner = 1.2
> in 3.10.0 by pinning: zc.recipe.testrunner = 1.3

OK, that seems reasonable, but I think it would have to be done by
re-releasing them, ie as 3.9.5-1 or 3.9.6, and 3.10.0-1 or 3.10.1
respectively. Re-releasing the same versions with dependency changes
sounds like it would cause unexpected problems. :-)

I'm very busy at the moment, so i'll cc this to the zope-dev list if
somebody feels like fixing it. Otherwise I will as soon as I have
time, but there is no guarantee for when that is. :-)

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python3porting.com/