[Zope-dev] Zope2 Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate regression in 2.12+

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 02:56:21 EDT 2010

Hi All,

The pt_edit method of the ZopePageTemplate appears to have sprouted a
string.strip() as its first line.

While I'm use this is fine for xml and html templating, it's
unacceptable for text/plain templates.

This appears to have been introduced here:

http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/65525/Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/ZopePageTemplate.py

Prior to that, the base PageTemplate's pt_edit method was used, which
did no stripping.

So:

- does anyone care about this?

- if I remove that .strip(), what tests should I run and how should I
run them to verify there are no adverse affects to this?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk