[Zope-dev] Zope Toolkit - 1.0a3 release

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:58:20 EDT 2010

Hello.

On behalf of the Zope Toolkit release team and the Zope community, I'm
happy to announce the 1.0a3 alpha release of the Zope Toolkit.

You can read more about the release at
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releases/overview-1.0a3.html. The
first ZTK release supports all of Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6.

To use the ZTK release, you can use:

[buildout]
extends =
     http://download.zope.org/zopetoolkit/index/1.0a3/ztk-versions.cfg
     http://download.zope.org/zopetoolkit/index/1.0a3/zopeapp-versions.cfg

This release focuses on cleaning up the ztk and zopeapp package lists by
deprecating packages that are not used by any of the frameworks that use
the ZTK.

The release team is currently discussing the further roadmap to a 1.0
final release and has some open discussion points to what remains to
be done.

Specifically the release team would like to have the ZTK tests pass on
the Windows platform, where currently there are still quite a number of
failures. We'd like to encourage developers that use the Windows
platform on a regular basis to help us fixing these tests.

We post our meeting notes at
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releaseteam/index.html. Feel free to
start discussing with us on this mailing list.

Kind regards,
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman