[Zope-dev] testing problem with path expressions in page templates

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 19:47:11 EDT 2010

Hi All,

When trying to test a template in a unit test, I get the following
exception:

    - Expression: <PathExpr standard:u'options/myobject/SomeProperty'>
   File
"Zope2-2.12.7-py2.6-macosx-10.3-fat.egg/Products/PageTemplates/Expressions.py",
line 79, in boboAwareZopeTraverse
     request=request)
   File "zope.traversing-3.7.1-py2.6.egg/zope/traversing/adapters.py",
line 136, in traversePathElement
     raise LocationError('No traversable adapter found', obj)
    - __traceback_info__: ({'content': <MyObject>, 'args': ()}, 'content')
LocationError: ('No traversable adapter found', {'content': <MyObject>,
'args': ()})

'SomeProperty' is, well, a property ;-)

Now, the same template works just fine when used "for real", so I figure
some standard traversal adapter hasn't been registered when the test runs.

What adapter might that be and what's the "right" way to get it
registered in a unit test?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk