[Zope-dev] import of zexp containing Page Template objects causes sudden zope death

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Aug 28 03:53:25 EDT 2010

Tres Seaver wrote:
>> Now, how in gdb do I find out what it was that was trying to be imported?
>> (should any sort of import cause a core dump?!)
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb

Things you learn, thanks for that :-)

Okay, another interesting data point; this appears to be related to OS.
The originating server is a 32-bit (I think, how can I double check?)
linux box, the crashing machine is my 64-bit (but I'm pretty sure python
is 32-bit, how can I check?) MacBook Pro.

I tried importing the .zexp back onto the originating server; no crashes.

I tried importing the .zexp onto my linux dev both; no crashes.

This ring any bells for anyone?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk