[Zope-dev] UnicodeDecodeError from PageTemplate rendering after upgrading to Zope 2.12.7

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 08:08:44 EDT 2010

Vladislav Vorobiev wrote:
> Maybe not the best solution but I use this hack:
>
> zope.tal-3.5.2-py2.7.egg/zope/tal/talinterpreter.py

Indeed, certainly not a good solution.
This implies that things should be unicode by the time they get here.

Now, the decoding shouldn't be dependent on anything the browser sends,
should it? I would have thought only the encoding side of things should
matter..

...so why on earth does the browser used have an effect on the decoding
  (or not, as seems to be the case with the bug) of the structure?
(and where is this decoding done?)

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk