[Zope-dev] zope.testbrowser and WebTest

Brian Sutherland brian at vanguardistas.net
Wed Dec 15 09:18:07 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 08:53:00AM -0500, Benji York wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Brian Sutherland
> <brian at vanguardistas.net> wrote:
> > I've committed a WebTest integration with testbrowser to a
> > "jinty-webtest" branch. It basically uses WebTest as a backend to drive
> > a WSGI application.
>
> This sounds like a nice improvement over using wsgi-intercept
> (http://code.google.com/p/wsgi-intercept/).

Exactly. I've been using that for a while, but it finally irritated me
too much...

> I've taken a quick look at the branch.  I saw a few of these in the
> diff:
>
> -    >>> from zope.testbrowser.testing import Browser
> +    XXX: what to do with this?
> +    XXX>>> from zope.testbrowser.testing import Browser
>
> If you can give me some background maybe I can help with these.

I now run the tests twice but with a different Browser variable which
comes from the test setup.

So I need to think of a way of changing the documentation so that it is
still clear.

> The copyright date in src/zope/testbrowser/wsgi.py needs the current year.

Sure, I'll fix that.

> I suspect large chunks of zope.testbrowser.wsgi can be eliminated with
> judicious refactoring.

As you saw, I took the easy way out by copying testing.py. I wanted to
see how easy it was to get the tests passing against WebTest.

I'll correct my lazyness shortly ;)

> If you want, I should have time to review your branch again before you
> merge it.

That'd be great. I'll do the refactoring and documentation fixed then
ping you again.

There's also a single remaining test failure that I may need your help
with.

--
Brian Sutherland