[Zope-dev] Stopping weekly meetings, moving towards sprints

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Dec 21 13:46:32 EST 2010

Hi,

during my holidays I evaluated where I spend my time. I feel that the
weekly IRC meetings in their current form do not foster more development
or get stuff done on the maintenance side of things but keep rather
reiterating on the things we feel we should do.

As they keep adding more maintenance burden on me (preparation and
post-mortem) without having much effect (it seemed there was some steam
initially but that dropped substantially) I'll seek ways to contribute
my time more efficiently.

I had a very enjoyable face to face meeting with Hanno Schlichting and
Veit Schiele (of DZUG fame) today in which we figured that we'd like to
support creative action within the ZTK next year. We'd like to do so by
organizing a sprint each quarter over here in Germany. We're sketching
out details on how we want organization to work out over the next weeks
so that we find the topics that are interesting to people.

Our current goal is to get together during March for 3 days, probably in
Berlin.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com