[Zope-dev] Zope2 ZMI and HTML5

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Feb 4 08:48:08 EST 2010

Am 04.02.2010, 13:13 Uhr, schrieb Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>:

> I think perhaps Robert meant to say that Zope2 would[ no longer use DTML
> for any part of the ZMI, rather than removing the code which allows
> users applications to use DTML.

This is something I would like to contribute to as it matches my skillset
and interests pretty well. From the responses so far it seems that most
people are so used to the ZMI that no change feels necessary and, let's
face it, it works well enough. However, for new people coming to Zope the
1990nish of it is a bit off-putting: we've got all this cool technology
underneath but you wouldn't believe it when you look at it. And I don't
think much is required beyond dropping frames, the table-based layout
using PageTemplates rather than DTML. I have an open ticket on much the
same for CMFDefault which is where I will start from (from the point of
view of separating markup from layout). But my work rate isn't brilliant
so it would be good to have a sparring partner or two.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director