[Zope-dev] [Announce] BlueBream: Script to setup a Zope project directory

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Sun Jan 3 14:08:23 EST 2010

On 2010-01-03, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>> How is this different from ZopeSkel?
>
> Well, it's just yet another PasteScript project template. BlueBream
> provides a slightly different layout compared to "basic_zope" .

Another obvious question (sorry ;-), why not just contribute to ZopeSkel (which is currently
in need of some active contributors, IIRC)?

> Here are few features:
> 1. BlueBream project package includes ZTK + few additional packages
>     which was part of "Zope 3".
> 2. Runnable Buildout
> 3. Functional testing enabled by default using z3c.testsetup
> 4. Use PasteDeploy
> 5. Create a namespace package by default.
> To use:
> $ easy_install bluebream
> $ paster create -t bluebream testproject
> $ cd testproject
> $ python bootstrap.py
> $ ./bin/buidout
> $ ./bin/test
> $ ./bin/paster serve debug.ini

Nice! Can I suggest adding that last bit to the PyPI page? E.g.
    $ cd testproject
    $ python bootstrap.py
    $ ./bin/buidout
    $ ./bin/test
    $ ./bin/paster serve debug.ini

Also, there are a few installation issues (fixed by running `mkdir -p` by hand):
    http://pastie.org/765137
    http://pastie.org/765140

And runtime issues (I think?):
    http://pastie.org/765143