[Zope-dev] shrinking the ZTK: a proposed solution

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Mon Jan 4 18:58:14 EST 2010

Am Montag 04 Januar 2010 23:10:05 schrieb Tres Seaver:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > So here's my proposed solution for the ZTK shrinking issue:
> Should the zopeapp set get users (e.g., Baiju's BlueBream takes off, or
> if another Z3-based app ports to using it), that will make supporting
> zopeapp's needs a reasonable request, simliar to supporting Plone via
> Zope2.  Until people organize such a community of interest around the
> zopeapp set (or some other grouping), we don't have non-hypothetical
> reasons to consider it viable.

To give you some personal insight: Two of my ongoing projects - which are
quite big - rely on zope.app. At least, I have various imports from these
modules:

zope.app.authentication
zope.app.security
zope.app.container
zope.app.component
zope.app.pagetemplate
zope.app.exception

I'd rather not like to rewrite all that in case zope.app dies off.

But I have to further state that I'm locked into Zope 3.4.0 as the support for
Python 2.4 was dropped, so I can't upgrade to the current ZTK. Therefore I'm
currently not that much affected by those issues, but I personally hope that
BlueBream takes off as this seems to be the logical upgrade path for me in
the future.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7