[Zope-dev] New Zope 3 name: BlueBream

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Jan 5 05:20:31 EST 2010

Am 04.01.2010, 19:23 Uhr, schrieb Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com>:

> Hi All,
>          I am proposing to call "Zope 3 - the web frame work"
> as "BlueBream".  The main use for name is documentation.
> But the package named "bluebream" will not provide
> any part of framework code by itself. All the framework
> code will be in "zope" and "zope.app" namespaces.

- 1 even though I'm hardly a developer.

Needed to check the date on this - but it's only January not April.

I remember when Zope Magazine ran with the fish as its logo and it made
little sense to me then even though it was explained. :-(

Despite the number of votes in favour I do not understand the need for
rebranding and especially not just for the documentation. Where has the
discussion come from?

Referring to the orginally extremely contrived name doesn't do it for me.
But if a new name is required "Project Blue" or just plain "Blue" would be
preferrable.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Charlie
--