[Zope-dev] New Zope2 releases available

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Jan 14 13:29:02 EST 2010

Am 14.01.2010, 18:28 Uhr, schrieb Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu>:

> If you don't specify either an index to be used for easy_install or
> extend the versions.cfg from the above url, you get an undefined
> package soup of everything latest. Except for rare moments that is
> never going to give you a usable set of packages.
> Did you follow the instructions at
> http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/INSTALL.html?
> If you use buildout, extending from the SVN tag or the index is the
> same. But you need one of those two:
> [buildout]
> extends = http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.3/versions.cfg
> [buildout]
> extends = http://download.zope.org/Zope2/index/2.12.3/versions.cfg

Hi Hanno,

thanks for pointing that out to me. I'd thought I was okay simply pegging
my configuration to Zope2 = 2.12.3. Obviously, it isn't.

Still I hope there is value in providing binary windows eggs for packages
as and when they get updated. I'm still getting used to buildout and the
possibility of running a more aggressive configuration on my development
system than on deployment. But it is a bit of the blind leading the blind
and this one's wearing an eye-patch! ;-)

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director