[Zope-dev] zope.testing coverage support

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:08:17 EST 2010

Hi,

A couple of questions about zope.testing's --coverage option:

  1. When specifying the coverage output directory, I have to specify an
absolute path:

./bin/test -s plone.caching --coverage="$(pwd)/coverage"

works

./bin/test -s plone.caching --coverage="coverage"

does not. Is this intentional? It took me ages to figure out this was
necessary.

  2. Is there anything that can read the coverage output files and
present them with syntax highlighting and highlight problem areas? I
know other tools (like Cobertura) have this. Is there a standard, or is
it a custom format?

  3. I get coverage reporting for my tests (i.e. it lists coverage of
the tests package). The PyPI page for zope.testing talks about ignoring
tests, but that part of the doctest is not useful as documentation. Is
this a bug or a feature or something I'm supposed to be specifying on
the command line?

I'm using zope.testing-3.7.7, which is what comes with Zope 2.12.

Martin