[Zope-dev] Adapter registration in ZCML provides IUserPreferredCharsets lost ?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Jan 26 03:46:30 EST 2010

On 01/11/2010 06:25 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Baiju M wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>         There was an adapter registration provides IUserPreferredCharsets.
>>> I can see it has moved to zope.i18n.locales with some others here:
>>> http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.i18n/trunk/src/zope/app/i18n/configure.zcml?rev=98208&r1=95495&r2=98208
>>>
>>> But, I cannot see it ever reached here ?
>>> http://svn.zope.org/zope.i18n/trunk/src/zope/i18n/locales/configure.zcml?rev=75140&view=log
>>>
>>> Can I add it there ?
>>>
>>> Instead of "zope.app.publisher.browser.ModifiableBrowserLanguages",
>>> I will use the new location: "zope.publisher.browser.ModifiableBrowserLanguages"
>>
>> This will make zope.publisher as dependency for zope.i18n, which may not be
>> a good idea.  Please suggest me where we will move this ?
>
> I don't know exactly where to move this, but making zope.publisher a dep of
> zope.i18n would be bad.

Right. I think we might not currently have a good place for putting in
cross-concern "default policy" rules.

IMHO this isn't a responsibility of any of the involved packages
(zope.i18n/zope.publisher).

Does zope.app.i18n still exist? In that case the ZCML statement might
continue living there.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com