[Zope-dev] zope.app.authentication

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Jan 26 09:21:23 EST 2010

Hi,

On 01/26/2010 03:02 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Just my quick 2 euro cents here:
>
> As far as I can tell, what Souheil did so far is no architectural change, but a
> change like so many in the recent past where a zope.app.something package has
> been refactored into a zope.something package and keeping backwards
> compatibility in zope.app.something.
>
> I'm not sure how this became looking way bigger than it is, except for the
> explicit requests for feedback by Souheil. He requested feedback, I guess, as he
> might not yet be completely confident about making these changes and needs some
> support - I can fully understand that myself.

Thanks for stepping in -- in addition to Martijn whose ghost is now
haunting me ... ;)

I think there's a communication problem here. I was asserting something
about slowing down architectural changes in general but also having the
feeling that he's talking about architectural changes and thus asking
for feedback. So Souheil naturally kept running with that ...

Then I went off and talked about stuff I imagine "could happen" while
doing architectural changes anyway ... so that's how it gre.

So I guess I should be writing a proposal for that stuff.

If it's a pure dependency refactoring, well then, that's what we already
all agreed about. Isn't it?

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com