[Zope-dev] ./bin/test failing with trunk zope.testing

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Jul 18 11:56:00 EDT 2010

Hi.

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
> When running zope.testing's tests on my laptop, I get many failures.
> I've run the tests plenty of times before and haven't got these
> failures. Am a bit mystified, so I'd appreciate any help.

Looks like the tests assume to be run under the zope.testing.testrunner:

-    runTest (zope.testing.testrunner.runner.SetUpLayerFailure)
+    runTest (zope.testrunner.runner.SetUpLayerFailure)

but you end up with the one from zope.testrunner. If you pin
zc.recipe.testrunner to version 1.2.0, that should do the trick for
now.

Someone should look into making the tests compatible with both
testrunners or requiring the new zope.testrunner.

Hanno