[Zope-dev] Developer meeting 2010-07-27 at 15:00 UTC

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Wed Jul 28 05:13:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Vincent Fretin
<vincent.fretin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed, there were more talks about ZCA, ZODB, Grok, BFG this year.
>
> You can see the timetable at http://www.europython.eu/talks/timetable/
>
> On Monday 19 July 2010:
> - Web/mobile templating in Silva, Kit Blake
> Sylvain Viollon presented how to code layout and page with Silva (CMS
> based on Zope2). This uses the concept of the megrok.layout package.
>
> On Tuesday 20 July 2010 afternoon:
> - Look Again at the ZCA, Mike Rhodes
> The ZCA was simply explained, it was a good introduction for beginner.
> Even a Django developer in the audience uses the ZCA in his
> application.
> - The ZODB & Me, Daniel Marks
> - Zope Components for the Win, Albertas Agejevas
>
> On Wednesday 21 July 2010:
> - Mobi: a mobile user agent lib, Kit Blake
> This uses wsgi middlerware and ZCA
> - Speed Thrills!, Charlie Clark
> Talk about bfg. It's secure, flexible, reliable... ;-)
> - You don't use Grok, Martijn Faassen
> Martijn's talks were entertaining as usual.
>
> I was at the Grok sprint, I worked with Martijn on hurry.resource.
> I released new versions of megrok.resource and hurry.zoperesource
> during the sprint.

Lots of mention about ZCA !

I think we should have a website dedicated for ZCA.
http://zca.zope.org

I have collected many blogs & articles about ZCA here:
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ComponentArchitecture
A simple Sphinx based site would be fine.

Regards,
Baiju M