[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 and Broken classes

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Jun 4 11:38:41 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Sylvain Viollon <sylvain at infrae.com> wrote:
>  After more testing, I have more information. This bug has been
>  introduced by the release 2.13.0 of ExtensionClass and Persistance
>  packages. Running 2.12.0  of packages make it disappear.
>
>  I guess I should report this on launchpad ?

Please do. I'm not sure where the bug actually is, we probably need to
change the Broken implementation in OFS or unify it with the one from
ZODB to fix this. Not sure how ZODB deals with storing references to
persistent objects (the optimized kind storing the class name in it)
and how that relates to broken objects.

This isn't really a new problem, it probably happened to any normal
non-extension class already in the past. Those are just less frequent
in use.

Hanno