[Zope-dev] Evaluating a zope.i18nmessageid memory leak patch

Brian Sutherland brian at vanguardistas.net
Tue Mar 2 04:10:19 EST 2010

Hi all,

We've been using this patch in production for some weeks and testing for
months:

    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/37237733/_zope_i18nmessageid_message.c.patch

To resolve this bug:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/257657

The patch seems to do what it claims and I've not noted any nasty
side-effects thus far. However, before I commit it, I'd appreciate it if
someone with knowledge of python C-extension fu had a look at it.

I attempted to write a test for this, but my only idea (using
weakref.ref) failed.

If no-one objects, I'll probably just commit the patch anyway after some
time.

--
Brian Sutherland