[Zope-dev] Summary of today's developer meeting

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:17:55 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 17:32, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> here's my first shot at a summary of today's meeting. I found the
> meeting itself very positive and energetic - thanks again to everyone
> who joined.

> The current state of nightly builds is a bit untidy. According to
> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/buildbots.html there's four buildbot
> installations with various scopes. The last two in this listing are currently
> non-functional.

The new URL is :
http://bluebream.buildbot.securactive.org/

Other buildbots :
http://grok.buildbot.securactive.org/
http://bfg.buildbot.securactive.org/
http://misc.buildbot.securactive.org/

> Get a volunteer who will oversee our buildbot installations. The job
> description would mainly include coordination efforts: ensuring consistent
> configuration, visibility, reporting and helping people to get nightly
> builds or contribute builders. mgedmin is pondering until next week whether
> he volunteers.

Funny, it's the same thing each year (read the Message-ID:
<20090616060020.GC9437 at elzar.ws.whq.gocept.com> for a example),
developers are not affected by the buildbot state and when I (or
other) send a mail about failures, the response is : don't spam the
mailing list.

BTW I'm a volunteer.

> We need to put down a list of projects (Zope 2, grok, BB, ZTK, ...),
> branches and platforms (64-bit!) which we want the nightly builds to be
> executed on/for. Alan Runyan offered supporting Windows builds.
> No action/responsibility was agreed upon for this.

I have Linux (32 & 64 bits) Buildbots for all Zope3 projects (grok,
bfg, ztk, bb)

> Christian Theune volunteered to consisely document instructions for how to
> run the ZTK tests.

Cool :)

Baiju : Do you want another Buildbots? (za = zopeproject, com =
community, ztk = Zope TollKit, bb = BlueBream).

--
Sebastien Douche <sdouche at gmail.com>
Twitter: http://bit.ly/afkrK (agile, python, open source)