[Zope-dev] Agenda for today's IRC meeting (3pm UTC on #zope)

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Mar 16 09:28:33 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

today's the third weekly meeting and here's the reminder including the
proposed agenda. Time and place, building on previous weeks, are 3pm UTC
at #zope at freenode. That's about 90 minutes from now.

If you'd like to review last week's summary, please check here:
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/attachments/20100310/6e95116e/attachment-0001.txt

Agenda
------

With the experience from last week (we only barely managed to go through
a single issue) I'll have the agenda a little more reduced. If
we run out of topics, we can move over to stuff from the horizon.

- Test runners / nightly builds
  - Short status report (Volunteer, access to Windows build environment)

- Towards a ZTK release
  - What is needed for a release?
  - Who's the release manager?
  - Can we ensure building Windows binaries?

- Wrap-up (5 minutes)

Horizon
-------

These items are currently tracked on the horizon. We won't discuss them
at this meeting, but we'll get to them at some point:

- Test runners / nightly builds
  - Volunteer for coordinating automated builds
  - Towards a list of projects/platforms/etc. we want guaranteed builds
    for
  - Automatic binary egg builds for Windows
  - Access to Windows (2003) build machines for developers (Baiju M.)

- Bug tracking / working on bugs regularly

- How do we deal with proposed API changes and Python 3 compatibility?
  (Lennart Regebro)

- Pondering *some* (re-)structuring of the ZTK to allow for better
  maintenance/release management/communication/marketing. (Chris
  McDonough)

Hope to see you in about 90 minutes,
Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com