[Zope-dev] Hanno, please update the ZTK

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun May 2 18:43:27 EDT 2010

Good evening :)

If you have a specific issue with me, you might contact me in private.
But with your follow-ups this turned into a more general issue.

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Of course what applies to Hanno should apply to others making releases
>> of packages maintained by the Zope Toolkit project as well. I think the
>> ZTK leadership should figure out some kind of guidelines for this that
>> people can follow. Maybe someone can write a tool too to check up how
>> far a toolkit is out of sync with the latest releases. Just some ideas.
>
> Don't think you're off the hook with me though, Hanno. :)
>
> Hanno is special as he's maintaining a fork of the ZTK and was
> maintaining the ZTK already in the past before he forked it. If I were
> the ZTK leadership such a thing would probably frustrate me a lot, so
> it's a good thing I'm not. Instead I can just express my displeasure out
> loud.

The "ZTK" is on my list of things to look into and I'm committed to
the idea. Jan-Wijbrand, Christophe and me started an off-list
discussion on the specifics of the "ZTK release team".

I expect us to define the process around package releases and updating
the ZTK. It's not entirely clear to me who should and who is allowed
to update the ZTK definition. We'll figure things out and once we have
I'll stick to the rules.

Hanno