[Zope-dev] Hanno, please update the ZTK

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 3 13:59:50 EDT 2010

Hi there,

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 18:09, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>> Hanno is making releases of packages in the ZTK. So it's not just
>> Hanno's waste of time; it's mine too.
>
> Obviously he shouldn't hurt the main ZTK in any way. That would be a
> problem (even if i missed this incident completely and hence dn't
> understand what or how things broke). But I think the fork in itself
> is a red herring.

I spent months trying to get everybody together and there was a fork
because we had a disagreement in december. Instead of working together
and working with me, people just forked. That really hurt. With that
lack of commitment to the ZTK, I didn't feel inclined to be committed
to it either.

I haven't seen a plausible reason why the fork should be necessary. It
just uses some updated versions of packages (mostly bugfix releases)
that would have been updated in the ZTK as well if people had bothered
to update them.

Regards,

Martijn