[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 10 OK, 4 Failed, 2 Unknown

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 4 06:40:15 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> For a while already people have been making changes that at least break
> tests on 2.4. For instance, zope.testing has some facility to pretty
> print a dictionary that sorts the keys, because Python 2.4's built-in
> pretty print module apparently doesn't do that yet, meaning random test
> failures can happen. But people have been updating code to use Python's
> built-in pretty print facility and this will only be reliable on Python
> 2.5 and higher.

Although that zope.testing facility has been deprecated, as far as I'm
aware it's still there... If not maybe it should be reintroduced,
we're suppose dto deprecate, not break in this case.

> In my opinion it's time to drop Python 2.4 support anyway, but it's been
> going a bit haphazardly by way of bit rot..

Yeah, officially dropping is better than bitrot dropping it, that's
for sure. And as mentioned, except for the "Bicycle toolkit" or
whatever the name is, 2.4 is not needed any more.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64