[Zope-dev] z3c.form buildout broken

Roger dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Nov 21 17:44:51 EST 2010

Hi David

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] z3c.form buildout broken
>
> On 11/21/10 8:16 AM, Roger wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > The z3c.from buildout process from the trunk is broken. Not
> sure since
> > when.
> >
> > Why do we use such crapy parts like omplette in z3c.form?
> I'm disappointed you find my attempt to at least provide a
> possibility to use it on Windows, with the help of
> junction.exe, crappy. That said, it is probably not
> appropriate in a project development buildout that is meant
> to be run on Windows.

I don't know omelette. I just couldn't checkout z3c.form
and check if the coverage-report script generation is also
broken like in any other package. It seems to be an issue
somewhere that prevents to generate a bin/coverage-report
script. Don't know why yet.

My suggest whould be;

Let's move the content of buildout.cfg to a file called
base.cfg and extend buildout.cfg without the omelette
part. And add another buildout file called omlette.cfg
which additional uses the omelette part.

This allows to run builtout without the omelette part:

bin/buildout

and with omelette:

bin/buildout -c omelette.cfg

I really do not understand why this is not the default
concept for omelette based development.

Regards
Roger Ineichen