[Zope-dev] Summary from the summit

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Sep 24 13:35:08 EDT 2010

Hi there,

thanks again for everyone who joined the summit, I was happy to see so
many of you come.

The summit definitely had its ups and downs and the discussions
continued even after when some of you joined us at the DZUG conference
and even the sprints on the weekend after.

I have compiled a summary from the index cards and notes and put it next
to the organisational Wiki page:
http://wiki.zope.org/ztk/ZopeSummit2010Summary

Some of the ideas that were presented and some of the discussions that
were started aren't concluded yet so use the summary as a reminder of
what topics you'd like to continue talking about and then do so. :)

Also, we have volunteers for individual goals. If you volunteered for
something, please check back with the goal and help me write down the
more specific agreements that were promised.

Although we didn't come to a single grandiose conclusion, I'd like to
point out that I personally (by continued discussion over the week)
found ideas that I'd like to pursue in the future within the Zope
community and thus have drawn energy from talking to you - I hope that
you had at least a little bit of the same.

Hope to see you all again soon,
Christian

PS: I don't want to be secretive about my ideas, but then again, I don't
know how far I can develop the idea. It's basically about taking the
ideas of the component architecture, decouple stuff from the web,
separate the concerns more cleanly etc. In some discussions we dived
down into more of the patterns and DDD community and I'm hoping to
explore some of their good ideas (not the architecture astronaut ones)
but that's a separate story from this post ...

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com