No subject

Sat Dec 10 13:40:36 UTC 2011

discuss code in pull requests and the one-click merging where
appropriate. It takes me much less effort to respond to a Github pull
request where I have all the relevant information to hand than an
email with a patch or a request to take a look at a branch in
subversion. For projects I work on in my own time that often makes the
difference when it comes to responding in a timely manner.

Github certainly has it's problems too, but it has an api for
scripting which makes it possible to send better commit emails or
integrate with Launchpad for bug tracking if someone wants to put the
effort in.

I don't really have an opinion on whether Github or a repository
hosted on a zope.org server is nominated as the ZF's canonical
repository (presumably with a pre-receive hook that checks all commit
authors are known to have signed the contributor agreement.) With DVCS
it shouldn't really matter. It's access to improved tools that's
important for me.

Laurence