[Zope-dev] Sprints at PyCon

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Mon Feb 14 02:18:19 EST 2011

On 02/10/2011 12:40 AM, David Glick wrote:
> On 2/9/11 10:07 PM, Christian Theune wrote:
>>
>> I'll be at PyCon during the sprints. As promised from the tasks last
>> year, I'd be happy to organize Zope sprinting activity.
>>
>> Who's coming? Who's interested?

I'll be there all 4 days, focusing on something to do with Zope2/ZTK
(but not especially Python 3).

Sprint-wise I was thinking of picking out 2-3 powerful, standalone
pieces, producing tutorial documentation and a few webpages to hold it,
like showcase.zope.org or something.

> Any topic suggestions?
> Elizabeth Leddy and I will be there and were thinking of doing some work
> on improving the state of utilities for managing and introspecting the ZODB.

Now that would be fun - I've always thought the ZODB was cool tech that
was under-appreciated outside of the Zope community.  I can think of
lots of mgmt tools and a few feature additions.

I'm also thinking of running three openspace discussions, inviting input
and others to help out:

1. Finding your way around the Zope community (for curious
   outsiders to hear about the various frameworks we have
   and how they are related)

2. A tour of the major Zope internal subsystems
   (highlevel intro to the big pieces)

3. Five cool Zope technologies usable outside of Zope2
   (to advertise ZTK eggs to non-Zope folk)

-Jeff