[Zope-dev] string exceptions

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 06:03:50 EST 2011

On 25 February 2011 10:58, Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find a few string exceptions leftover in Zope 2.13 code.
>
> However, they are not allowed anymore in Python 2.6.
>
> I guess that the remaining string exceptions are in dead/semidead code.
>
> What practice has been followed until now regarding fixing those
> exceptions ?

According to this doc,
http://docs.python.org/c-api/exceptions.html#deprecation-of-string-exceptions

"String exceptions are still supported in the interpreter to allow
existing code to run unmodified, but this will also change in a future
release."

It will of course be important to fix these before we move to Python
3.x, but I would expect that the dead/semidead code will not be
ported.

Laurence