[Zope-dev] Zope 2: specifying Zope2 dependency

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Jan 12 15:07:54 EST 2011

Am 11.01.2011, 22:44 Uhr, schrieb Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>:

> Python 2.5 isn't even getting security fixes from Python devs now, which
> means that Debian users are holding more risk than they know (I strongly
> doubt the Debian packagers of Python are up for backporting all the
> potential security fixes in the 2.6 / 2.7 lines).

I understand that and I don't understand Debian's policy - maybe after
they move to a better kernel (no, don't bite...) they'll start following a
better release policy as well? But this was precisely the reason cited for
keeping support for 2.5 in the ZTK > 1. I find this somewhat contradictory.

To the extent that there may well be people out there with existing
servers that are dependent upon package management and, therefore, less
likely to want to roll their own Python install, this makes sense. So +1
on yuppie's initial suggestion for a 2.12 compatibility marking.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director