[Zope-dev] direction

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Jul 5 05:18:51 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would've thought it would also be possible for those who rely on this to
> maintain the relevant eggs as optional installations against Zope 2.x, no?

The ZMI is not a package - we don't have a split into zope and
zope.app in Zope2. Once there's no more ZMI, Products.PageTemplates
stops using RestrictedPython and the OFS base classes don't inherit
from Acquisition.Implicit anymore, it'll be really hard to keep the
legacy development approach working.

Someone might try, but I think it's not a wise decision to spent any
resources that way. At some point every application written in the
legacy style has to be rewritten. I think it would be a better use of
resources for anyone to start doing that than maintaining a dead-end.

Hanno